While this combination might sound a bit strange, you won’t believe how wonderful this sandwich combo tastes together when placed between two slices of your favorite bread!
Servings: 6 servings
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
1 cup mayonnaise
½ cup minced scallions
2 tablespoons brandy
¼ teaspoon coarsely-ground black pepper
18 slices toasted whole-wheat bread
12 ounces crabmeat, picked over well to remove any shells Tomato
12 slices slab bacon, cut in half, cooked crisp and drained
2 avocados, sliced
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, scallion and brandy, mixing well.
- For each sandwich, spread three pieces of bread with a portion of the mayonnaise mixture.
- Cover the first slice of bread with lettuce leaves, 2 ounces of crabmeat, and one or two tomato slices.
- Add the second slice of bread, and top with the four half-slices of bacon, a layer of avocado slices, another tomato slice or two, and more lettuce.
- Cover with the third slice of bread, secure the sandwich with wooden toothpicks, and slice it in half.